So, it’s summer, you’re sweating whether you like it or not and along with your make up, your lipstick will be melting as well.
No worries, after you’re done reading this, you will know how to forever banish melting lipstick.
Apply concealer across your lips and then pat down a little powder along the edges to prevent your lipstick from “bleeding”
The powder will help set the lipstick in place and keep it from moving.
2.) Don’t bother applying lipstick with a brush!
Most of us aren’t professionals and don’t realize how much lipstick we lather onto the brushes – and most times, it’s too much. Apply straight from the tube – do so very carefully and after each application, rub your lips together and let the color spread, as it will.
This way you’ll avoid excess and stay out of the clown-lipstick zone!
3. Don’t use lip liner!
Chances are, you will never find a lip liner that will be the exact shade as your lipstick. While you might not notice it at first, it’ll become blatantly obvious that you’ve got two-tone lips pretty much as soon as you leave the house. If you do want to use lip liner, use a shade that is very similar to the natural color of your lips and no one will ever know.
* MAC’s Pro Long-wear lip color in shade Lasting Lust – around HKD 170
* MAC’s Pro Long-wear lip crème in shade Extended Play – amazing deep red. Around HKD $150
* Revlon’s Colorburst lipstick in shade 090 (True Red) – around HKD $80
Concealers and powders:
* Benefit Cosmetic’s Boi-ing concealer
* Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Radiant Touch – more pricey, but has been voted #1 preferred concealer by customers.
* Smashbox’s Photo Set Finishing Powder (with SPF 15) – I LOVE this stuff.