Walking the Red Carpet: CRITIQUE
Michelle Williams in a skintight nude-color cap-sleeve gown by Chanel (ABOVE)
- Not completely loving the silhouette on her, but admiring her sleek choice – minimal yet a stand-out-beauty!
Cate Blanchett in a structured lavender gown with cut-out detailing by Givenchy Couture
- THIS dress caused some major controversy as it’s probably the most fashion forward gown seen on what is traditionally a more conservative and classic Red Carpet. Only Cate could pull this off with such grace and control!
Hailee Steinfeld opted for an age-appropriate, blush colored 3/4-length ballerina-esque tutu dress with an large tulle skirt by Marchesa
- Apparently she co-designed this creation – a gown that has her looking every bit the 14 year old princess, yet incredibly fashionably aware! She stole the moment in this dress!
Mandy Moore wearing a nude-color, off-the-shoulder dress by Monique Lhuillier
- Slightly reminiscent of a gown recently rocked by Cameron Diaz, regardless, Miss Moore looks every bit glamorous with classic hints and a modern edge.
Florence Welch in an unknown designer
A glamorously brave choice – this vintage cream gown screams alternative stand-out! Perhaps a sweep up of the hair would have placed her more as a Red Carpet Queen however!
Halle Berry in a sequined strapless with organza detailing and ruffles galore!
- Wrong shoe choice (she should have opted for a metallic strappy number). Wrong shape (the proportions make her look much shorter than she is). Just WRONG!
Mila Kunis in a lavender lace and silk organza gown by Elie Saab Haute Couture
- THIS IS IT – The gown that marked Mila as this years Red Carpet’s most BEST dressed! I’m absolutely LOVING it!
Natalie Portman in in a deep-purple off-the-shoulder billowy silk chiffon gown by Rodarte and tassel earrings by Tiffany & Co
- Rodarte who designed the majority of Natalie’s dance costumes in her latest movie, also designed this classically shaped (and most chosen silhouette amongst pregnant movie stars)! She glows!
Amy Adams wearing a deep-violet, sparkly cap sleeve dress by L’Wren Scott
- Simply (but shiny) a trend worn by a fair few leading ladies this year – note the cap sleeves (VERY ‘in’ this season!)
Camila Alves and Matthew McConaughey
- There wasnt much black on show this year – but when it was – it was phenominl! This couple ranks as THE most hottest on the carpet!
Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz in a red, beaded showstopper gown by L’Wren Scott
- Showstopping, YES, but for the right reasons!!? I’m debating Penelopes dress here, too tight, too flame inspired, too much! As for Javier – CLASS!
Sandra Bullock wearing a strapless red Vera Wang dress
- Gorgeous seam work, the structure brings as much vibrancy to this dress as the colour does. Once again, Sandra proves she knows exactly how to work a Red Carpet (and stand out from it when dressed in a matching colour!)
Jennifer Lawrence in a body-hugging, minimalist red dress by Calvin Klein Collection
- Minimal and Red Carpet – What’s the point!!? Best to vamp it up or at least wear a dress in which the top half didn’t look similar to the Baywatch swimsuit! (less the Pamela Anderson bust – which is seems to be Jennifer’s only good choice here!)
Anne Hathaway in a strapless red ruffled gown with a large bustle
- She played this dress up with a flirty and fantastic attitude! How perfectly does the top fit AND her legs – longer than I ever thought possible! Her body looks outstanding without revealing much at all!
Jennifer Hudson in a low-cut halter gown in orangey-red by Versace
- Her weight-loss has me staring – seriously – Jennifer has dropped incredible amounts, she looks FANTASTIC and still fit, healthy and curvy! I’m not a fan of that much breast or roughage on the bottom half of her gown – BUT the colour is very enduring of her!Photo by Getty Images
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.